Business Development Manager (Non-Scripted)
We are the UK’s leading FilmTech company and we are pioneering global film and television production into a connected, digital and standardised future. Recently acquired by industry powerhouse; Entertainment Partners in the US, POP now has its sights on international expansion and are eagerly recruiting an experienced Business Development Manager to support our ambitious growth plans for the Production Portal.
POP’s technology has powered major movies, television series and commercials; including the Star Wars and Marvel franchises, The Crown, Killing Eve, Mindhunter, Empire, The Witcher, Outlander, Wonder Woman, Downton Abbey, 1917, Bohemian Rhapsody, Mission Impossible 6 - Fallout, Mamma Mia - Here We Go Again, Spectre and Empire.
We stand apart from the crowd because we are founded and helmed by industry professionals plus we have an expert in-house product development team and industry-leading engineering capability. It is our vision to bring a smarter, fairer future for entertainment and we are looking for like minded people from the industry to help us deliver that vision by creating Production Out of the Box.
We want to speak with people who want to be part of the digital revolution we are driving, who want the opportunity to carve a stamp and make a difference to the future of POP.
Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you love technology? Are you great at the art of persuasion? If you can answer YES to at least one of these questions, we want to talk to you!
- Scoping out the next wave of production companies who are ripe for digital transformation and educating them on why POP is different
- Re-establish and / or maintain current prospect relationships with a view to securing a fruitful relationship
- Be open to exploring new markets and business verticals that are new to POP - we are already seeing pulls for our technology into non-scripted, short form content, sport and more
- Manage and maintain, to a high standard, information inputted into our CRM system (Insightly)
- Be familiar with reporting needs of a growing sales team, and an awareness of the importance to track our team performance against our agreed targets
- Be open to support and step-in across the business, in times of need - are you a team player?
- Connecting and forging new relationships across the industry and representing POP at industry events
- Confidently and professionally delivery technical demonstrations of our software. Be able to pitch succinctly and persuasively with an eagerness to close the deal
- Work with the marketing division to participate in the development of an inbound strategy, always thinking ‘outside the box’ for new ideas.
- Communicate and collaborate internally with other POP departments such as Product, Delivery and Implementation
- Able to creating professional sales collateral (once trained up) that communicate POP’s value proposition e.g. Proposals, One-Pagers, Presentations and Social Content
- Negotiate pricing and terms of conditions when needed
- Generate discussion around strategic improvements where you see fit
- Always aiming to not only hit your agreed targets but to exceed at any given opportunity
- Be a quick learner – grow your understanding of the POP platform rapidly
- Contribute to the building of brand awareness across the industry
- Be willing to travel within and outside of London as and when required, potentially a few weeks at a time and outside of office hours
- Ambitious self-starter
- Confident and outgoing
- Innovative & creative thinker
- Exceptional organisational skills with a keen eye for detail
- A problem solver; you do not stumble at the first hurdle
- Excel under pressure
- A perfectionist, with a ‘no problem’ attitude
- Great team player
- Excellent computer skills; proficient with Apple operating systems and the Google Suite
- Able to work in a hands-on, fast-paced environment
- If you come from a production background and are looking for a change in career, please do get in touch