Chief Financial Officer (part-time)
We Got POP is leading the global film and TV production industry into a connected, standardized digital future.
Whenever content is produced, production companies need to find, book, manage and pay all cast, crew and suppliers. POP has digitised and optimised this workflow and is connecting the community online. Credits include Star Wars, Jurassic World, Mission Impossible 6 and Netflix’s The Crown as well as Empire in the US.
Backed by Pinewood Studios at pre-seed when they were UK based and focussed on background actors; POP took on investment from Octopus Ventures in 2017, to launch the US a 10x market and to expand the platform to crew; which accounts for 50% production spend and is the network community that fuels the industry.
We are looking for a CFO to join our team and help us maximise our growth opportunities.
Acting as a partner to the CEO, driving the strategy with commercial & operational input, you will be a vital member of a highly entrepreneurial leadership team and will lead the business through what is expected to be a period of significant growth and development.
We are looking for a commercially minded CFO who can communicate at all levels, is brilliant at telling stories with numbers and focusing on the key business levers along with delivering overall leadership of company accounting and financial management globally (UK&US) underpinned by effective financial controls.
We’re looking for someone to take ownership of the operational parts of the business: legal & the back office function.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide strategic financial input to We Got POP’s business objectives and work with our Senior Leadership team to define the company’s growth plan.
- Work closely with CEO & Senior leadership to build the business case for investors current and future.
- Support tactical initiatives to maximise revenue opportunities. Provide accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends to support our CEO, the Board and other members of the senior leadership team in performing their strategic responsibilities.
- Work with key stakeholders to refine & focus KPIs that will add value and enhance commercial decision making
- Lead our pricing strategy - work with senior management to review our current pricing, bring benchmarking insight to the table, develop a pricing strategy per product and client type.
- Lead business growth whilst ensuring appropriate financial & operational controls are in place, understood and followed.
- Support our Head of Finance and Operations in the delivery of a successful finance function.
Compliance & Ops
- Lead on the creation and development of our financial, legal and compliance framework as we expand globally and in our product offering.
- Working with the board to ensure compliance with general corporate governance.
- Work with our Head of People and Account Managers to ensure the contracts in place are streamlined and compliant, internally and externally.
- Ensure accounting policies comply with relevant accounting standards and that company policies are up to date and followed
- Oversee and advise on any legal requirements and conversations.
To be successful for this role you will be:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) or have substantial equivalent experience.
- Commercially focused Finance Director / CFO used to working closely with the CEO.
- Operational experience
- Team player: supports teammates and colleagues in a collaborative fashion.
- Highly skilled in creating and driving the financial strategy and translating the operational activity into financial impact.
- Results oriented, strategic thinker and planner.
- Establish credibility throughout the organisation as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
You will have:
- Experience with dealing with Investor relationships would be a distinct advantage
- Track record of leadership roles within a fast-paced, high growth organisation.
- Knowledge of budgeting and expense control.
- Ability to act as a managerial advisor on professional issues with a view toward reaching strategic decisions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills appropriate for all levels of the organisation.
- Proven track record of successfully, building, leading and motivating a mixed experienced finance & operations function, globally.
- Able to handle multiple priorities and critical decision making within tight time constraints.
- Ability and keen interest in challenging business partners and the status quo whilst maintaining strong working relationships.
- First class communication and presentational skills, with the ability to build relationships across the group.