We’re the UK’s leading FilmTech startup and we’re leading global film and television production into a connected, digital, standardised future. Backed by Octopus Ventures, Pinewood Studios and prominent angel investors we’ve raised £3.5M to date and are headquartered in London and NY.
Our proprietary technology has powered major movies, television series and commercials; including the Star Wars and Marvel franchises, The Crown, Killing Eve and Empire.
We stand apart from the crowd because we’re founded and helmed by ex-industry professionals plus we have an expert in-house product development team and industry-leading engineering capability.
Working at POP is a unique opportunity to drive category creation, be bold in leading true industry disruption and make a real impact on our company growth and evolution.
People are at the centre of our industry and our business, and we’re looking for team-members who can embrace and contribute to building a culture of shared success and opening opportunities.
A bit about the role
Reporting to the Finance & Operations Manager, this role offers an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Finance & Payroll Assistant to work for an already successful, globally recognised technology start up. You will be responsible for providing high quality finance support and financial information to key stakeholders.
Client Payroll Administration
- Establish and maintain good working relationship with productions accountants and payment teams at production companies and agencies providing first line of support and feedback for all clients using the casting back office via email and phone
- Onboarding and agents, agencies on back office processes
- Administer POP’s casting payroll:
- Enter salary vouchers received
- Liaise with agent/agency clients and manage all payment reviews, including responding to and following up on artist and hirer queries raised
- Raise invoices and monitor outstanding payments due from hirers
- Manage all artist weekly payrolls, autoenrollment, including reconciliation of client account funds
- Assisting with keeping up to date process manuals and documentation relevant to back office
- Manage artist registration from back office perspective including internal support on right to work and other payment queries
- Preparation of monthly Management Accounts and analysis of variances
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Cash flow forecasting
- All aspects of Sales and Purchase Ledger
- Banking to include reconciling online payments in a multi-currency environment
- VAT returns
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting
- Raising and processing invoices
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise where appropriate
- Team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves and support other members of the team as required
- Great organisation skills
- Attention to detail - does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project
- Pro-activity - acts without being told what to do
- Previous accounts experience essential
- Proficient in the use of Excel
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Drive process improvements in own area, implementing new systems should this prove necessary
- Experience of Xero an advantage
- Experience in a start up an advantage
What you will receive
- A fun, friendly and supportive working environment with an established and creative team who are truly unique and invested in our vision.
- A chance to be in a Hollywood film as an Extra (as part of your training)
- Competitive salary
- Fabulous offices based in Shoreditch
- Dress down everyday
- Flexible working hours
- 24 days holiday
- MacBook Air
- Perkbox benefits (healthcare, discounts etc after successful passing of probation )
- Weekly fruit & nut delivery
- A chance to play with our office dog Phoebe whenever you want!