POP is the UK’s leading FilmTech startup. Backed by world class early-stage investors with offices based in London & New York City.
Over the past four years our game-changing, cutting edge technology has cast, booked and paid background artists on box office blockbusters such as; Spectre, The Crown, Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens, Wonder Woman, Darkest Hour and many more - we’re not stopping there!
Having recently raised £2M in seed funding to accelerate our tech development and fuel our UK & US expansion, we are on a mission to establish We Got POP as the leading FilmTech company globally.
We’re focused on delivering great user value to productions, casting agents, artists and crew by removing the headache of friction-filled on and off set processes, with our clever platform. This is the time to get involved in a dynamic & creative industry with an opportunity to be part of the fabric of how Hollywood productions get made.
A bit about the role:
Reporting to the Finance & Operations Manager, this brand new role offers an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Finance Assistant to work for an already successful, globally recognised technology start up. You will be responsible for providing high quality finance support and financial information to key stakeholders. Your responsibilities will include ensuring all ledger postings are accurate, preparing management accounts including accruals and prepayments, and assisting with the annual audit preparation along with loads of other exciting stuff!
- Preparation of monthly Management Accounts and analysis of variances
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Cash flow forecasting
- All aspects of Sales and Purchase Ledger
- Banking to include reconciling online payments in a multi-currency environment
- VAT returns
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting
- Liaising with agent/agency clients and managing all payment reviews, including responding to and * following up on artists raised
- Raising and processing invoices
- Supporting the Finance Manager on the day to day accounting duties
- You have the ability to multi-task and prioritise where appropriate
- You are a team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves and support other members of the team as required
- You possess great organisation skills and always show strong attention to detail
- You’re proactive and are always looking for ways to improve a process
- Previous experience in an accounting role is essential
- Proficient in the use of Excel
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Driving process improvements and implementing new systems as and when necessary
- Experience of Xero an advantage
- Experience in a start up an advantage
What you will receive:
- A fun, friendly and supportive working environment with an established and creative team who are truly unique and invested in our vision.
- A chance to be in a Hollywood film as an Extra (as part of your training)
- Competitive salary
- Fabulous offices based in Shoreditch
- Dress down everyday
- Flexible working hours
- 24 days holiday
- MacBook Air
- Perkbox benefits (healthcare, discounts etc after successful passing of probation )
- Weekly fruit & nut delivery
- A chance to play with our office dog Phoebe whenever you want!
2018/22/08 Reopened with a revised job description