Head of People
We’re the UK’s leading FilmTech scaleup (SaaS) and we’re driving global film and television production into a connected, digital, standardised future. Recently acquired by US business Entertainment Partners (EP), we’re powering ahead with our goal to revolutionise the industry.
Our proprietary technology has powered major movies, television series and commercials; including the Star Wars and Marvel franchises, The Crown, Killing Eve and Peaky Blinders.
We stand apart from the crowd because we’re founded and helmed by industry professionals plus we have an expert in-house product development team and industry-leading engineering capability. It is our vision to drive a smarter, fairer future for entertainment and we are looking for like minded people with a range of backgrounds and experiences to help us deliver that vision. We are currently 80 strong and growing in the UK and a couple of employees in the US.
Our company values are Collaborate, Open, Drive, Be Bold.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced, progressive and hands-on Head of People to join our Leadership Team. Reporting to the CEO, you will have overall responsibility for ensuring operational and strategic excellence when it comes to attracting, onboarding, developing and retaining talent at POP.
The role demands the ability to strike a balance between having one eye on the aspirational - setting the vision for talent across the business with the gravitas and confidence to influence senior stakeholders; and one eye on the operational - embedding the right policies and processes to drive high performance.
This position is key to the future success of the business, and is ideally suited to someone who wants to use their knowledge, passion and experience to shape our business into a market-leading employer of choice in the world of SaaS.
You will also work closely with the Human Resources team in Entertainment Partners in the US on key global projects including the integration of Oracle HRIS.
- Provide strategic direction and insight in order to strengthen and evolve our Employee Value Proposition
- Own the strategic plan for resourcing and succession planning, ensuring that departments have the resource and capability to deliver the overall strategy of the business
- Develop the compensation framework for POP identifying ways in which the business can create a competitive edge
- Drive the conversations around the future of work and identify ways in which POP can pioneer a smarter, fairer way of working for our people
- Own POP’s positioning around, and commitment to, Diversity & Inclusion
- Build a strong relationship with the CHRO and HR Team at EP, and represent POP in the development of the Global EP HR strategy
- Act as a trusted advisor to theLeadership Team, providing counsel and coaching as required on people related matters
- Responsible for internal communications, employee engagement and surveys
Team Management & Operational Excellence
- Lead, manage, mentor and coach the People Team to successfully deliver the core functions of Talent Acquisition, HR Business Partnering, and Learning & Development
- Define and oversee the implementation of an effective L&D programme
- Develop and embed the required policies and processes to support our People as the business scales
- Support the development, implementation and embedding of programmes to foster Wellbeing at POP
- Develop and oversee the delivery of appropriate reward and benefit policies which motivate and retain talent
- Oversee the continual updating of and improvement in onboarding programmes
HR Business Partnering
- Take the lead on all HR issues, collaborating with managers to efficiently handle all employee relations issues, providing up-to-date and pragmatic advice on the principles of employment law, employment tribunal claims, redundancy, organisational restructures, terminations, TUPE, grievances, misconduct, code of conduct issues and disciplinary action
- Lead, mentor and coach managers in all aspects of people management, including;
- The development of functional career pathways
- Performance management processes and best practices
- The appraisal process
- Succession planning
- Lead the bi-annual Salary Review process at POP and chair the Salary Review Committee
- Work with Department Heads to identify and deliver innovative approaches to support the future of work including remote work
- Provide insight and counsel on people related issues as required, and act as the senior escalation point for people matters
Reporting & Compliance
- Ensure the HR systems and processes are fit for purpose and used effectively and efficiently
- Use data and analytics to measure the effectiveness of HR policies and practices and understand the landscape to continuously drive further improvements
- Ensure compliance with employment law and that we fulfil our statutory obligations around reporting to government on issues such as the Gender Pay Gap
- Oversee the correct collation and storage of information such as right to work etc
- Oversee management of the office including office move to new premises as part of the future of work initiative
- Ensure that health and safety procedures are in place
What you need for this role
- You will be CIPD Level 7 qualified
- You’ll have a proven track record in bringing strategic direction to a scaling business (preferably SaaS)
- You’ll possess strong business acumen and have a proven track-record of working directly with C-Suite
- You’ll be an excellent influencer, with the ability to skillfully communicate with different personality types at all levels
- You’ll be a natural coach, with the ability to question and challenge others to get to the root of people and business issues faced by the organisation
- A passion for developing people and company culture, with experience of leading and inspiring through change, adapting, and performing in a rapidly changing and challenging environment
- Sound general knowledge of all areas of HR business partnering, including organisation development, compensation and benefits, training and development, employee relations and resourcing
- Experience of building recruitment processes and teams to support a business scale
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to develop strong and productive relationships with people of all backgrounds and levels of seniority
- Experience of integrations is desirable