Lead Fullstack Developer
Our technology allows our clients to do more than 70% of the UK’s and 50% of the US’ background casting in film and television. Our platform has been used on nearly half of the high-end television made in the UK. We’ve been part of realising major productions such as No Time To Die, the Venom franchise, Black Widow, The Crown, Killing Eve, Mindhunter, The Witcher, Wonder Woman, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, Downton Abbey, 1917, Bohemian Rhapsody, Mission Impossible 6.
We bring together casting agencies, production companies, studios, crew members and artists; to create content that people love and to realise our users’ creative vision with less time and effort than ever before.
We’re an ambitious team of industry and discipline experts; we know film and we know technology. Our people are the stars of our show and with our inclusive and supportive culture, friendly team and exciting mission to power the film and TV industry, you are joining a truly unique company. We’ve achieved a lot already, but there’s so much more we want to do - so join us on the journey.
The part you’ll play
- Employing best practises in full stack development using Python, React, PostgreSQL and SQLAlchemy.
- Guiding and coaching a team of developers ensuring technical excellence in the development of new, and the refinement of current features, to enhance our end to end client proposition.
- Utilise your deep technical expertise and initiative to break impasses as well as define the right approach to solutions, including the presentation of architecture / design strategies.
- Collaborate with the Quality team to test and optimise features developed, as well as adding to our automated testing suites
- Bring an engaged informed voice to technical discussions as well as working closely with the product team to spec out new features and generate new proposed strategies.
- Provide leadership to less experienced developers through collaborative code reviews, observation of standards and conventions and advocate for standard practices
How you’ll play your part
- Making use of AWS services to support integrations with 3rd party solutions.
- Working collaboratively using agile methodologies and elements of scrum.
- Play an aspirational role for our junior developers to, mentor them ensuring excellent working practises in support of their growth
- Play an important part in the sharing of knowledge within the Development team and contributing in technical showcases.
- Company performance bonus
- Employee Incentive Plan (EIP)
- Employee Value Plan (EVP)
- 24 days annual leave
- Employee Pension and Discounts (Smart Pension)
- Flexible / Remote working
- Training and development budget
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and shared parental leave pay
- Enhanced company sick pay
- Opportunity to sign up to be an extra on a production
The EP team is made up of people of all backgrounds. We truly believe in equal opportunities and take great pride in offering everyone a fulfilling and inclusive working environment. Our differences only make us stronger, and we welcome anyone who wants to join us in driving the evolution of entertainment production through innovation.
Please note this role can be located anywhere in the United Kingdom as long as you're comfortable working from home or a non-affiliated co-working space.