Marketing and community executive
We’re the UK’s leading FilmTech startup and we’re leading global TV & Film production into a connected, digital, standardised future. Backed by Octopus Ventures, Pinewood Studios and prominent Angel investors we’ve raised £3.5M to date and are headquartered in London and NY.
The Film & TV industries have been very slow to adapt to change. POP is driving the revolution. Our proprietary technology has powered 1,000s of major movies, TV series and commercials to date including; the Star Wars and Marvel series’, The Crown, Killing Eve and Empire to name just a few.
We stand apart from the crowd because we’re founded and helmed by ex-industry professionals plus we have an expert in-house product development team and industry-leading engineering capability. Working at POP is a unique opportunity to drive category creation, be bold in leading true industry disruption and make a real impact on our company growth and evolution.
People are at the centre of our industry and our business, and we’re looking for team-members who can embrace and contribute to building a culture of shared success and opening opportunities.
Our Head of Marketing is focused on enterprise-wide growth, performance, product marketing, brand building and embedding a customer-centric focus in everything we do. This role will be the first step in growing the marketing team and you’ll be working across the full spectrum of products, channels and regions with full visibility to the business.
Who you are:
We’re looking for a skilled, smart and customer-obsessed marketer with a love of technology and Film & TV. You need to be genuinely excited by the scope to deliver change and define the next generation of Film & TV production. We need someone creative and full of ideas, with the confidence to back themselves and take ownership.
You’ll need to:
- Love tech and people - you’ll be our face and voice
- Prove a strong understanding of marketing in a similar fast-changing environment
- Happily face hurdles & obstacles with energy & positivity
- Embrace the challenge of growing a start-up business - it moves and evolves quickly, and you need to be able to improvise, adapt and maintain energy
- Be totally focused on providing the best possible customer experience
- Be proactive, confident in taking initiative and constantly curious
- Be a natural storyteller and energising people comes naturally to you
- Be diligent and detailed, you exude professionalism
- Challenge to make things better and don’t just accept the status quo
- Listen, be happy to help others and respond to feedback
- Know your strengths and know how to play to them
- Be a confident tester of ideas and know how to execute, monitor and report on performance
- Understand the critical role of data in underpinning everything we do
- Be happy to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in to admin and necessary, repetitive work
Your professional experience & strengths will include:
- Digitally skilled - you’ll understand the digital ecosystem, from organic to paid, and be able to offer insights, ideas and tests to help us build our brand across the board
- Data & process driven - reporting is key - you’ll know what we need to measure, how to measure it and how to read results to help move our marketing forward
- Startup savvy - you need to be up for the reality of the challenge of working in a small team with big ambitions & have fire in your belly to deliver
- Community communication & customer-service - communicating with communities, answering customer queries and understanding how communities work and what they need
- Cross-team project management - you will work closely with product, sales, engineering and customer success teams
- Content creation - we’re in a position of influence within the industry and need someone to help us capitalise on this through engaging, brilliant content
What we can offer to you:
- A brilliant and committed team of 30+ industry experts and specialists and a supportive, hands-on leadership team
- Huge opportunity for growth - the marketing team is in its infancy, you can be a critical long-term player in shaping our marketing and brand
- Learning is a given - you’ll be in at the deep end
- Monthly full team updates
- Competitive salary, 24 days holiday, company Macbook
- Opportunity to play with our POP office mascot, Phoebe the dog
- Company Perkbox access (after passing probation)
- Time for professional and industry networking and learning
This role will report to the Head of Marketing and will be based in East London.
This job listing was updated and reposted on 10th February 2019