We’re looking for a passionate and skilled Product Manager to help us build and scale technology that powers the film and TV production industry.
About the role
You’ll be working in a cross-functional team of product managers and designers, supported by industry subject matter experts, and working closely with our engineers.
Your remit will include defining, designing, building & shipping solutions to solve some of the biggest challenges in our space. Joining a team that has captured over half of the US and UK markets in their space, you’ll be helping us solve the next level of problems in Casting & Production. It’s an exciting industry, and you’ll be directly influencing the future of how TV and Film Productions operate.
We are the UK’s leading FilmTech scale-up platform, driving global film and television production into a connected, digital, & standardised future that’s smarter & fairer for all.
POP’s technology has powered major movies, television series and commercials, including the Star Wars and Marvel franchises, The Crown, Killing Eve, Mindhunter, Empire, The Witcher, Outlander, Wonder Woman, Downton Abbey, 1917, Bohemian Rhapsody, Mission Impossible 6 - Fallout, Mamma Mia - Here We Go Again, Spectre and Empire. Working with production companies, studios, crew members and artists, our platform supports all aspects of the industry- whether it’s on set, behind the scenes, or casting crowd scenes.
You’ll be joining a passionate, ambitious team of industry and discipline experts - we know film and we know tech.
POP is a great place to work - a special culture that our employees rate as the best they’ve ever worked in, all on an exciting mission to disrupt the film and TV industry, you’d be joining a unique and exciting company.
What you’ll be doing
- Building features from definition through to release: you’ll execute our product roadmap and help scale our main features, across markets
- Taking a significant user need or pain-point and figuring what the solution might be
- Coordinate complex dependencies to go from idea to successful implementation
- Collaborate with teams (user, technical) across the business to align plans, unblock development, and communicate changes with our clients and users
- Follow lean, iterative approaches and work in an Agile way
- Track and monitor your features’ performance and functionality after launch to continually improve on them
You’ve already had some experience in a product team. There are a few things you must have to be considered, and other things that are a big plus - so long as you meet the minimum requirements, you should apply:
- You’ve prioritised opportunities and shipped commercially viable solutions that have solved customer problems
- You’ve worked with Product Managers, Designers, Researchers and Developers, and know what a good team experience is like
- You are good at communicating concepts and ideas to stakeholders, in different shapes depending on the context
- You’re comfortable working with a technical team, have experience writing and articulating user stories and acceptance criteria, and some ability to create wireframes/screen flows
- You love working collaboratively, to design and implement features that work, in a dynamic environment
- You have an excellent sense of empathy for end-users
- You have the ability to compromise in the right way
- You’re interested in better practices for product management - frameworks, techniques, methodologies and ways of working
- What we’re doing to transform the film and TV industry excites and motivates you!
Even Better If
- Experience researching and analysing user behaviour both quantitatively and qualitatively and integrating insights gained into product roadmaps
- You are good at sorting out ambiguity, and achieving clarity of scope and specification
- You have the initiative and drive to get stuff done - a very well organised self-starter
- You have experience in the entire product development process from idea to implementation, and experience owning the end to end product lifecycle for a successful product