Senior Product Designer
Star Wars the Last Jedi. Doctor Strange. 007 Skyfall. Empire. Wonder Woman. The Crown. Some of the worlds biggest production companies use the POP platform to produce the world’s best content. We are POP and we are leaders in Film and TV technology.
The film and tv industry is one of the last frontiers of digitisation. Despite all the cutting edge technology used for special effects, behind the scenes, most production companies are still working with pen, paper and email. We can proudly say that we are changing all of that.
Backed by world class early-stage investors and based in Shoreditch, we recently launched in the US and have big ambitions for 2018. Having recently raised £2M in seed funding and launched in the US, POP is now driving into the next stage of growth. We already touch 50%+ of the UK market and have our sights set on expanding that and our production and crew offering exponentially, as make a big mark on the US this year alone.
About the role:
Do you love: wireframes, information architecture, analytics, competitive analysis, personas and users profiles? Navigation models, user tests, user interviews, liaising with 18 developers and eating biscuits? If yes, then we should definitely talk. We are looking for a Senior Product Designer, with a UX focus to help us boost our platform’s user experience and continue to innovate and transform the film and TV industry.
We are looking for someone who is really passionate about UX, with experience of building or iterating platform experiences in a start-up environment - that taught them how to be flexible and get the job done.
As the senior designer in the team, you will have responsibility for:
- Own the front end design and user experience across our existing and new products, including information architecture, navigation and interaction design
- Lead research and discovery, and define the UX for an entirely new product set. This includes, rapid prototyping and MVP design and iteration
- Determine the appropriate level and type of user research, concept testing, and usability testing to validate roadmaps working with data, identifying patterns in complex information without losing the big picture of our business strategy
Design as a function
- Take ownership, initiative and accountability for the design practice, process and outputs, and own the design processes across product and engineering
- Inspire and manage a junior designer, supporting their growth and development
- Report directly into the Head of Product and support with the development of a design culture at POP within product, and across the business
- Work with the product managers and user team on user research and analytics reviews to identify and rectify points of friction, deliver and test prototypes and MVP’s, to enable data led design decision making
- Experience as a Senior UX or Product Designer for a digital product
- Expert skills in Sketch/Zeplin/Invison/Balsamiq for design and rapid prototyping
- Experience of delivering implementable designs: being credible to and respected by full stack developers, ensuring that designs are implementable
- Worked with engineers to improve a design process, and experience cultivating strong relationships with engineering teams
- Experience working in a product design function, including the use of style guides, design systems, atomic design principles are highly desirable
What you will receive:
- The opportunity to grow into a ‘head of design’ role within 6 months
- The opportunity to define and implement the UX strategy for an entirely new product
- A fun, friendly and supportive working environment with an established and creative team who are truly unique and invested in our vision
- A chance to be in a Hollywood film as an Extra (as part of your training)
- Flexible working hours
- Perkbox benefits (healthcare, discounts etc after passing probation)
- The opportunity to play with our office dog Phoebe whenever you want!